Motion Setting:

 All Motions shall be set on the judge’s civil docket by contacting Judge Hamilton’s Judicial Assistant directly by calling 305-852-7155.   The setting of a hearing requires the availability of all counsel.  If you are given several proposed dates for hearing, you must call the Judicial Assistant back to confirm the date prior to filing any notice of hearing.  Courtesy copies of the motion and notice of hearing should be emailed to the court’s judicial assistant at at least one week prior to the scheduled hearing. 


Cancellation of Hearings:

If a case has settled please call my office to cancel any hearings or trials that may be scheduled.  If an individual hearing needs to be cancelled, please file a Notice of Cancellation of hearing through the clerk’s e-portal and notify opposing counsel, as well as my office in advance of the hearing.


Telephonic Appearance:

Are allowed for hearings that are scheduled for 15 minutes or less, the parties may appear telephonically via CourtCall by calling 888-882-6878. If the parties have chosen to appear via court call, such should be indicated in the Notice of Hearing. Do not assume that you can appear telephonically, check with my office first.


Transmission of Proposed Orders:  Judges’ offices in the 16th Circuit are not yet connected to the e-portal.  As such, if you wish the court to receive a proposed order, please email same, in Word format, along with a copy of the motion to the court’s judicial assistant at  Any proposed orders that do not contain email addresses for all parties on the service list must be mailed to the judge’s office, along with copies to be conformed for all parties, as well as stamped, self-addressed envelopes for all parties to receive a conformed copy of the order(s).  If you have submitted a proposed order to the court via email, please do not send a hard copy in some other fashion, i.e., postal service, UPS, or FedEx.  If you do not receive a signed order within the time frame in which you believe it should have been signed, please DO NOT re-send, as this creates a situation wherein two or more orders may be entered, which will require the court to vacate one or more of them.  If you have not received a conformed copy of the proposed order submitted within 10 days of submission to the court, you may email your inquiry of same to the court’s judicial assistant.


Voluntary Dismissals:  When filing a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal, which requires an Order of Dismissal for the clerk’s office to close the case, please file through the Clerk of Courts e-portal. An Order of Dismissal will then be prepared by the Judicial Assistant and forwarded to the Plaintiff via e-mail (only if an e-mail address has been provided).