County Judge of Monroe County
Sixteenth Judicial Circuit
Freeman Justice Center ~ Monroe County Courthouse
302 Fleming Street
Key West, Florida 33040
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami School of Law in 1988
- AA received from the American University in Paris, France; BA from Stratford College in Danville, VA
- Elected to the 16th Judicial Circuit bench in 2004 and has been presiding as a County Judge since 2005...
- Assistant State Attorney for Sixteenth Judicial Circuit for seven years
- Followed by another seven years, partner in the law firm of Fowler & Fowler, P.A. concentrating on DUI defense, criminal defense, and civil litigation
- Past President of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Florida Bar Association and the Monroe County Bar Association
- Judge Fowler and her husband are very active in the community of Key West and serve on numerous boards
- President of the Board of Directors of Literacy Volunteers of America, Monroe County, Inc.
- Former Vice-president of the Board of Directors of Womankind
- Member of the Military Affairs Committee
- Member and past board member of Key West Woman's Club
- 16th Judicial Circuit Representative for the Committee on Professionalism
- Chairman of the Monroe County Elections Canvassing Board
- Vice-president of the Board of Directors of the Key West Lions Club and recipient of the "2015 Lion of the Year Award."
- Honored as Unsung Hero for LVA by Community Foundation of the Florida Keys in 2016
- Member of the Criminal Justice, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Reinvestment Grant Planning Council
- Mentor for Take Stock in Children
- Graduate Leadership Monroe Academy 2016
- In 2008, Judge Fowler christened the USNS Robert E. Peary, a Navy Ship named after her great-grandfather, Admiral Peary, the discoverer of the North Pole
- Judge Fowler is married to former Circuit Judge Richard Fowler and has a son, Robert, who is a local businessman.