16th Judicial Circuit
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Department: Court Administration
Reports To: Trial Court Administrator
FLSA Status: Included
Prepared By: Holly Elomina
Approved Date: March 18, 2013
This position provides clerical support in areas of moderate responsibility to the Court Administrator's Office and acts as the receptionist of
the Freeman Justice Center. This position works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls;
- Greet visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conducts visitors to employer or appropriate person;
- Assists with scheduling of courtrooms and conference rooms;
- Composes routine administrative correspondence;
- Works on special court projects as directed by supervisor;
- Performs additional clerical tasks such as processing incoming mail, filing, faxing, and photocopying;
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Progressively responsible administrative, administrative support or fiscal experience may substitute for the recommended college training on